Dog Show & Walk
BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE
Please use our online event ticket purchasing site, Square to buy your tickets! Thank you - FOS team
Not only can you take part in a 1 mile walk, you can also enjoy the feel-good environment in our fantastic Welcome and Stall areas.
After the best Sunday stroll your dog has ever been on, you can both enjoy plenty of have-a-go activities such as the dog agility course and raffle, browse and shop products, fill up on tasty food and drink, and soak up a fabulous feel good environment
Is there parking?
Yes, parking is free. Parking will hopefully be on the school field but be prepared to have to park elsewhere as this is weather permitting.
Unfortunately, because of the terrain and varying weather conditions we cannot guarantee the walks will be suitable for wheelchair users. However wheelchair users will be able to access the playground area via the school paths.
Shaded areas in case of extreme weather?
Yes, there are shaded areas for dogs to rest and take cover in case of extreme hot or wet weather on the route. Visitors should make extra provisions for any weather eventuality as although we’d love to have sunshine we cannot guarantee this due to the great British weather! The FOS organisers advise bringing provisions suitable for walking including appropriate footwear and waterproof clothing if needed.
Please consider the temperament of your dog before you decide to attend. The walks will be busy with other dogs and people, and knowing your own dog(s), you should consider if this is an environment which they will enjoy. Please keep your dog(s) on a lead at all times when you are at on the walk. More details below in our guidelines!
Can I attend without my dog?
Yes, you are more than welcome to attend and enjoy a Sunday stoll alongside lots of doggy friends. Be sure to check with their human before you stroke any dogs.
Can I bring something to eat and drink?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food and drink for you and your dog! There will also be refreshments on sale too.
DOG SHOW categories, as chosen by our
'FOS Juniors' are:
Waggiest Tail Nicest Eyes Best 6 Legs
The Dog the Judge would most like to take Home!
Good Luck !
Traders Stall Application Form
Traders Stalls Wanted
If you would like to attend the event as an external trader for free, then please email the team at: email@example.com for more details and to apply. We are looking for refreshments and mainly dog themed stalls or organisations.
DOG CONDUCT AND CARE
- Please consider the temperament of your dog before you decide to attend. The show is very busy with other dogs and people, and knowing your own dog(s), you should consider if this is an environment they will enjoy or if it is likely to make them stressed or anxious, in which case they should not attend.
- What your dog can cope with will depend on its age, breed, health and the weather on the day. For example, suitable dogs will be healthy (physically and emotionally), not over- or under-weight, friendly towards other dogs and people, confident and calm in new places with new people.
- The welfare of your dog is your responsibility throughout the duration of the show and they MUST NOT be left unattended at any time.
- Dogs must be under control and on a lead at ALL times.
- Only well-socialised dogs (i.e. friendly towards other dogs and people, including children) should attend the festival. The behaviour of your dog is YOUR responsibility.
- Please do not attend if your dog is fearful of other dogs or people.
- Dogs should not be dressed up in costumes, or any restrictive clothing that restricts their movement or natural behaviour.
- Dogs should not be forced to interact or do anything they don’t want to.
- Dogs should have a collar and a tag with their owner's name and address inscribed on it (note: this is a legal requirement) and ideally a phone number on which the owner can be contacted.
- When travelling, we would ask you to follow the advice of all the major charities and government
- Always travel with a portable water container for your dog. Always assume the weather will be hot and sunny. There will be dog watering points throughout the venue to drink, and splash pools for dogs to use to cool off if required. Please also consider the temperature inside your vehicle whilst you might be in traffic waiting to enter the event.
- Your dog(s) MUST NOT be left unattended in a vehicle during the event (or at any time). If poor weather turns into direct sun, it can take only a few minutes for a vehicle to reach temperatures that are a threat to their welfare and even their life.
- If the weather is wet and cold, it is your responsibility to keep them warm and dry.
- Please ensure that you follow the standard Veterinary advice that your dog is correctly vaccinated to prevent disease, and do not bring your dog if they appear to be feeling unwell, have suffering from vomiting or diarrhea within the past 48 hours or you suspect that they are suffering from a contagious condition.
- Dogs should be healthy and fit enough to take part in the have-a-go activities. Enter them based on your knowledge of your dog, his/her fitness and veterinary history. Please follow any instructions you are given closely.
- Owners should be aware of the signs of heat stress and also make provision for use of pet-safe sunscreen where appropriate. Some dogs are more prone than others e.g. those with short flat faces, overweight, old, young and dogs with thick coats. It is recommended you provide your dog with plenty of rest breaks in shaded areas with water available.
- Harsh handling of any dog at any time and aversive devices such as e-collars or prong collars will not be tolerated. The organisers and/or staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if they believe that their dog is being caused undue stress or compromised mental or physical health by being at the event.
- Bitches in season must not attend the event.
- Please be a responsible dog owner and clean up after your dog. Designated disposal areas are located at the show. Please bring dog waste bags.
HEALTH AND SAFETY OF VISITORS
- Children under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire, taking into account the nature of the event and the weather forecast. Wearing sunscreen is advised.
- FOS and School can take no responsibility for visitor’s medical conditions. If any visitor is in any doubt about their ability to participate in any activities, they should seek medical advice or refrain from taking part.
- Persons attending do so at their own risk. FOS and school will not be liable in any way for injury, loss, damage or death that might occur as a result of participation at the Dog Walk event, unless by negligence on their part.
- If your dog has a problem at the event, please contact the organisers for assistance.
- If whilst at the event you become concerned for a dog’s welfare please contact the organisers who will pass your concern on to our events Animal Welfare Officer.
By attending the Dog Walk you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event and acknowledge that you participate in the walk at your own risk. The Dog Walk accepts no liability whatsoever for any accidental damage or loss of any kind, whether direct or consequential, suffered by you, your family or your dog(s), in relation to attending the Dog Walk, provided that nothing shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.