The Friends of St Peter’s Junior School Ruddington (FOS) charity raises money to enable the school to pay for events, facilities or equipment outside the normal school budget, and thus advance the education of the pupils. Furthermore, the FOS supports events that promote a friendly and social atmosphere within and between all pupils, staff, parents, governors and the local community.
FOS funds are intended for equipment/services that cannot be funded through the normal school budget.
This is to ensure that the education of children does not become reliant on FOS funds, which cannot be guaranteed.
Criteria for Fund Requests:
- Requests that could be covered by other budgets will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
- Requests should not be retrospective, and a minimum of one clear month should be allowed for processing.
- Equipment requests should be supported by three quotes and/or reasoning behind choice.
- Requests for consumables will only be considered up to £3 per child.
- Requests that benefit the children over an extended period of time will be viewed more favourably.
- School trips will not be subsidised.
- Funding requests for visitors, e.g. authors, artists etc will be considered.
- Each application will be considered on an individual basis, and successful applications should not be seen as setting a precedent.
- Requests must be approved and signed by the Head Teacher.
- Requests will go to the FOS committee, where a joint decision will be reached and communicated with the staff member involved.
Recent fund requests paid for by the friends of St Peter’s Junior School Ruddington, thanks to your kind donations via our events, include the following this month:
* 'Vegetarian Rasoi' visit to school for year 3 - cooking vegetable samosas as part of their DT curriculum
* Online panto and snacks before the Christmas break
* New lunchtime play and sports equipment including junior hockey kits
* New equipment for the Schools Forest School area
* New poetry bags scheme
* New outdoor storage unit for the outdoor area near The Den
* Mental Health Champions training for pupils
“Every pound donated into the FOS charity goes back to providing something for your children at school”
To request funds, please ensure you meet the criteria above, discuss your request with the Head Teacher for their approval and then complete the form and put it in the FOS tray (in the staffroom) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request will then be reviewed at our next meeting.