Year 6 Home Learning
HOME LEARNING FOR YEAR 6 CHILDREN NOT RETURNING TO SCHOOL
As we enter the final week of the summer term, we are planning to spend our time in school conducting leavers' activities and putting on a range of treats and events for the Year 6 children.
For the few Year 6 children who are still at home, we have attached a Leavers' Yearbook that you can enjoy filling in to help you reflect on your memories of St Peter's and celebrate this milestone. You can explore the links below if you would like to. We also encourage you to get in touch with your teacher one final time if you are not coming back into school at any point this week.
We would like to thank you and your parents for your super engagement and effort with home learning over this difficult time, and wish you the very best for the future. Good luck!
The Year 6 Team
Some useful links:
- https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/ - listen to David Walliams read you his stories
- https://www.rsc.org.uk/education/teacher-resources/online-performances - watch film length Shakespeare plays
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/ - username: Stpeters123 password: maths123
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/easter-fun/ - active maths to do around the house
- https://nrich.maths.org/14580 - lots of great maths problems to solve
- https://nrich.maths.org/14563 - interactive games and puzzles
- https://nrich.maths.org/1249 - great game for practising fractions, percentages and decimals
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button - opportunity to practise times tables (individual ones or all together), division facts, doubling, halving, number bonds
- https://www.themathsfactor.com/ - maths with Carol Vorderman
- https://www.duolingo.com/ - learn a language such as Italian, Japanese , improve your Spanish (or teacher your parents)
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalOperaHouse - every Friday at 7pm, watch a full length ballet
- https://artsandculture.google.com/explore?hl=en - Explore the World's greatest landmarks, culture and arts - a great site
- https://www.southernliving.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours - take a virtual tour and explore 12 of the World's greatest museums and galleries without the crowds
- https://www.metopera.org/nightly-opera-stream/ - Have you ever experienced an opera? Well, here's your chance.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach - Some good video resources, including some from Secondary that you might find interesting.
- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-online-education-resources/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education - lots of links to a range of subjects
- https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog/list-of-online-resources-for-anyone-who-is-isolated-at-home -Zoo cams, podcasts, tours, challenges, prayer, mindfulness, dance, engineering, Tai Chi, rainforest tours and lots more. It's fantastic!
- https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/ - Get cooking with Jamie Oliver