Year 5 Home Learning
Please find below a timetable for the next set of homelearning activities (Monday 1st June - Friday 19th June). If your child is still accessing the previous activities, they can be found lower down on this page.
Complete as much as you are able to and if you would like to post anything on SeeSaw, the year 5 teachers would love to see what you've been up to. Equally, if you have any questions, you can contact your class teacher using SeeSaw or, with your parents' permission, you can email them. You can find their email address in the first home learning pack that was distributed before Easter.
Different amounts of learning will suit different families - the priority is ensuring there is a balance of learning with a harmonious household. Don't forget, activities like cooking and gardening are also a great way of learning something new so families need to choose what works best for them.
There are also plenty of links below the timetable as well as https://www.stpetersjunior.org.uk/home-learning-projects-5/. Different links will interest different students, but there should be something for everyone.
Good luck and enjoy.
Year 5 Team
Timetable for 1st-19th June
English unit of writing: 1st-19th June
Maths activity sheets: 1st-19th June
Other subjects: 1st-19th June
Here is a series of links that we will continue to add to. Some may interest you at little; others may interest you a lot. Enjoy discovering what is out there.
- https://www.getepic.com/promo?signUpV=create_account - sign up and explore a range of books that are of interest to you. Or use the email link your child's teacher sent you to connect to your class
- https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/ - listen to David Walliams read you his stories
- https://www.rsc.org.uk/education/teacher-resources/online-performances - watch film length Shakespeare plays
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/ - username: Stpeters123 password: maths123
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/easter-fun/ - active maths to do around the house
- https://nrich.maths.org/14580 - lots of great maths problems to solve
- https://nrich.maths.org/14563 - interactive games and puzzles
- https://nrich.maths.org/1249 - great game for practising fractions, percentages and decimals
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button - opportuntity to practise times tables, division facts, doubling, halving, number bonds
- https://www.themathsfactor.com/ - maths with Carol Vorderman
- https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1hypTqIeuU1n3kw397ChCyL1y0Qy-l3_3 - SPANISH & FRENCH - Below is a link to a menu of fun activities with various levels of challenge, for all you little linguists and keen beans. Lovely family fun for all! Activities include: music, cooking, Geography and audio bedtime stories
- https://www.duolingo.com/ - learn a language such as Italian, Japanese of Russina, all for free
- https://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalOperaHouse - every Friday at 7pm, watch a full length ballet
- https://artsandculture.google.com/explore?hl=en - Explore the World's greatest landmarks, culture and arts - a great site
- https://www.southernliving.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours - take a virtualt our and explore 12 of the World's greatest museums and galleries
- https://www.metopera.org/nightly-opera-stream/ - Have you ever experienced an opera? Well, here's your chance.
- https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/schedule/#schedule - online learning platform with videos and activities created by teachers for pupils of all ages
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons - daily lessons for Maths, English and foundation subjects
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52149409 - lots of stuff on here
- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-online-education-resources/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education - lots of links to a range of subjects
- https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog/list-of-online-resources-for-anyone-who-is-isolated-at-home -Zoo cams, podcasts, tours, challenges, prayer, mindfulness, dance, engineering, Tai Chi, rainforest tours and lots more. It's fantastic!
- https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/ - Get cooking with Jamie Oliver
Timetable for: 11th-22nd May
11th May - 22nd May: English
11th May-22nd May: Maths
All activities can be accessed on this website: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
Use the timetable above to navigate to the correct location
11th May - 22nd May: Other Subjects
- Sock Throw Challenge: https://youtu.be/JfSl3G0p4u0
Sock Ladder Challenge: https://youtu.be/BA4XN3Pynig
Martial Arts Kick Challenge: https://youtu.be/ytK69cWZOlk
Star Jumps Challenge: https://youtu.be/JNrkzkckZN4
Squat Thrust Challenge: https://youtu.be/bva5bz8BBNg
Speed Bounce Challenge: https://youtu.be/zzWyMWAEfk4
The Plank Challenge: https://youtu.be/_BHLZZgKkw8
Stork Balance Challenge: https://youtu.be/aDxT-56hGL0