Year 4 Home Learning
Letter to Parents
Timetable for Summer Term Week 1
Week 1 Maths Resources
Week 1 Topic Resources
Week 1 Science Resources
Week 2 Topic Resources
Weekly Sports Challenge at Home
Show, don't tell 1
Show, don't tell - part 2
Lesson 2 - comparing decimals
Lesson 4 - Rounding Decimals Part 1
Lesson 4 - Rounding Decimals Part 2
Verbal and non verbal reasoning scans
Persuasive writing input
Lesson 4 - Four operations
Consumers and producers
Lesson 1 - Interpreting Charts
Line graphs - Lesson 3/4
Science - food chains and webs
I tried to embed the film clip that I’ve used in this lesson so that you wouldn’t have to switch between two different applications for this lesson and so that I could show bits of the video at a time. Annoyingly, although the clip played on my screen as I recorded our lesson, it hasn’t appeared on the final lesson video. Grrrrr!
Link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZCcf4Fv14
When I played the first clip in the lesson, it was from the beginning to 2mins 35 seconds. Pause the clip at that point and return to the lesson, please. When I next mention a clip you should play on from 3 mins 20 until the end.
Sorry for the hassle – I was trying to make it easier! Honest!
The peregrine falcon section is from 2:35 to 3:20.
Maths Lessons 1 & 2
Lessons 3 & 4
A bit more of the story of Macbeth and the answers to the questions on the summary task.
Lesson 3 - Describe Position
- - sign up and explore a range of books that are of interest to you. Or use the email link your child's teacher sent you to connect to your class
- - watch film length Shakespeare plays
- username: Stpeters123 password: maths123
- https://nrich.maths.org/10326 decimals nrich game
- https://nrich.maths.org/10428 decimals nrich game
- https://nrich.maths.org/5949 money nrich challenge
- https://nrich.maths.org/1117 money nrich challenge
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/136/decimal-place-value-digit-drag decimals
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/14/partitioning-1 partitioning decimals
- https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/43/solve-1-step-money-problems- money
- - opportunity to practise times tables, division facts, doubling, halving, number bonds
- - maths with Carol Vorderman
- https://www.duolingo.com/ - learn a language such as Italian, Japanese of Russian, all for free!
- - every Friday at 7pm, watch a full length ballet
- - Explore the World's greatest landmarks, culture and arts - a great site
- - take a virtual our and explore 12 of the World's greatest museums and galleries
- - Have you ever experienced an opera? Well, here's your chance.