Pupil & Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The pupil premium is additional funding provided to schools to support disadvantaged pupils to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children, reach their full potential and to close the gap in attainment that exists between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
There are three categories of children that qualify for pupil premium funding:
- children who are currently eligible for free school meals (FSM) or have been in receipt of FSM at any point in the last 6 years,
- children who have been looked after by Social Care continuously for more than 6 months and
- children of those employed in the armed forces.
At St Peter's, we allocate the finding to support our curriculum development, the quality of teaching and intervention. Our strategic focus is driven by:
- observation of the children and their needs,
- data analysis at school and national level,
- review of the last plan and best value and
- educational research e.g. the EEF Pupil Premium Guide and Teaching and Learning Toolkit and the Sutton Trust's What makes great teaching?